About Your Appointment
We’re looking forward to seeing you at GoldinSkin and are honored to be entrusted with your care. To make sure your visit goes as smoothly as possible, there are a few items that can be taken care of before you arrive:
- Download and complete our New Patient form. Either fax it to us at (847)-677-2098 or bring it with you to your appointment.
- Bring all of your prescription and over-the-counter medications with you to your appointment. This includes all pills you are taking, as well as creams, ointments and lotions that you are applying to your skin.
- After one of our nurses obtains your full medical history and other relevant information, Dr. Goldin or Dr. LaBarbera will meet with you.
- They will ask you a series of questions to give them insight about your condition as they begin to examine not only the problem area, but also your entire skin.
- Be prepared that a thorough, full body skin exam may be recommended as part of your visit.
- If necessary, please come with an interpreter to facilitate our communication.
GoldinSkin accepts most major insurance companies, including:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO/HMO
- BlueCross Medicare Advantage
- Country Life Insurance
- Mutual of Omaha
- Oxford Health
- United Health Care
If you don’t see your insurance carrier on the list, please call and we will assist you in determining if your insurance is accepted. Our office will submit your claim for you. Co-payments are due at the time of service. Patients will be billed an additional $10/month if they do not pay their copay on the date of their appointment.
If your insurance company requires a primary care referral form, you must bring the form or your referral number with you to every visit. We cannot schedule appointments, for HMO patients without a valid referral from the primary care physician and/or the HMO.
Insurance companies may consider a particular procedure cosmetic, meaning they will not cover it because it is to improve your appearance rather than to improve your health. Each insurance company and policy is different. While one may cover a procedure, another may reject it. It is wise to check with your insurance company before your appointment to determine whether your problem will be covered under your policy. We will explain the cost of any cosmetic procedure beforehand.
Policies and Fees
Charges for office visits, consultations and procedures are determined by the time the doctor spends with you and the nature of your problem. Please feel free to ask what your treatment will cost before or during your visit.
In order to save billing costs, we appreciate your payment by check, cash or credit card at the time of your visit. We accept both MasterCard and Visa.
- A $25 rebilling fee will be added to my account each statement after the first statement.
- A fee determined by state law will be charged if a patient requests a copy of their medical records.
We require at least 24 hours (1 day) notice for any appointment cancellation. A $50.00 fee will be charged for every 15 minutes scheduled that is missed or not cancelled before 24 hours. This includes appointments not kept due to not having a valid HMO referral.
Surgical appointments require at least 72 hours (3 days) notice for cancellation. If the patient misses the appointment or if the patient cancels it in less than 72 hours, the patient will be charged at the rate of $300.00 per hour of time scheduled.